- General Information
- Preliminary Schedule
- Location & Parking
- Getting to UMass
- On-Campus Lodging & Dining
- Area Lodging
- Questions? Contact Us!
Online registration has now closed
To register please come to the on-site registration desk during the hours below:
Tuesday, August 13: 8:30AM - 2PM on the 1st floor of the Campus Center + 2PM - 5PM in the 8th floor Conference Registration Office
Wednesday, August 14: 8:30AM - 10:30AM on the 1st floor of the Campus Center + 10:30AM - 5PM in the 8th floor Conference Registration Office
Thursday, August 15: 8:30AM - 5PM in the 8th floor Conference Registration Office
Friday, August 16: 8:30AM - 5PM in the 8th floor Conference Registration Office
This year is the 49th Annual School of the Massachusetts Collectors & Treasurers Association, being held August 13 - 16 at the University of Massachusetts Campus Center. Please read through the information both below and in the tabs above and click "Register Now" to sign up today!
- Members - $95.00
For: Association Members (Collectors, Treasurers, Asst. Treasurers, Asst. Collectors, Inside Deputy Collectors, District Collectors & District Treasurers) that have paid 2018 - 2019 dues, Associate Members, and a Collector/Treasurer staff person sponsored by an incumbent Collector or Treasurer (signed approval required)
Includes: registration, breaks, and lunch Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Does not include lodging.
- Non-Members - $175.00
For: Collector's and/or Treasurer's office staff who are not dues paying members, Collector's and/or Treasurer's office staff who are not sponsored by an incumbent Collect or Treasurer through signed approval, and any other Non-Member
Includes: registration, breaks, and lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. Does not include lodging.
Late Fee: All registrations and payments received after the close of business on July 29, 2019, will be assessed a $40.00 late fee.
Online Registration Deadline: The last day to register online is Monday, August 5. After Monday, August 5, those who wish to register will need to do so on-site.
Cancellation Policy: Attendees cancelling their registration before the close of business on August 5, 2019, will receive a full refund of their fees minus a $60.00 cancellation-processing fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations received after 5 p.m. on Monday, August 5, 2019.
- Collectors & Treasurers attending School for the first time should register for courses in the 1st year of their particular discipline and follow the tracks and the courses within them chronologically as they appear in the School Program. Be sure to attend the Orientation for New Students being held from 9:30 - 10 a.m. on Tuesday, August 13, in Room 163.
- For those who will be taking the Collectors & Treasurers Exam, there will be a Preliminary Examination Review on Tuesday from 9:30 - 10 a.m. in Room 163, in addition to the Thursday Exam Review
- Members who are not yet certified are urged to arrange your programs so you will not be lacking courses by the time you are eligible for certification
- Your name badge will have a bar-code on it - please make sure to have your bar-code scanned as you enter each class! To ensure proper credit is given, there will also be a class attendance sheet for you to sign
- For those staying at Hotel UMass located in the Campus Center, please be advised that you rooms will not be available before 3 p.m. on the first day of your reservation. We suggest you park on the 2nd level of the Campus Center Parking Garage when you arrive and leave your belongings locked in your car out of sight. You should then proceed to the School Registration Desk on the 1st floor of the Campus Center. Please do not try to check-in at the hotel until after the day's classes are over.
- A number of discounted rooms are available at Hotel UMass. We encourage interested guests to complete their reservation early: the discounted rate is only available until July 15 or until space fills. Call 877-822-2110 or visit hotelumass.com to complete your reservation. Reference group code 19MCTC.
- Application forms for Renewal of Certification were mailed earlier this year to those who are eligible for renewal. Renewal application forms will also be available at the MCTA information desk at School
- Only those who have had their Preliminary Application for Certification Test (PACT) approved will be permitted to take the Examination Review Course of their choice on Thursday afternoon and sit for the Certification Examination on Friday morning, as well as the Preliminary Examination Review on Tuesday
- Out of consideration for your fellow students and members of the faculty who may have allergies, please do not wear any perfumes, colognes, body lotion, after shave or other fragrances