Abstract submission has now closed
Click here to register for the conference
Please follow the IWA Outline Paper template.
Note: this form is for abstract submission, not for conference registration. You will still need to register for the conference separately once registration opens.
The Conference Organizers and the Conference Program Committee are pleased to invite submission of two-page outline papers for consideration for presentations at IWA Particles 2019, sponsored by the IWA Particle Separation Specialist Group, continuing the long tradition of excellent particle focused international conferences, most recently held in Norway in 2016 and Japan in 2014.
The themes of IWA Particles 2019 are the formation, utilization and removal of particles for improved water quality. Presentations on recent fundamental and applied research (theory, laboratory and field) for all types and sizes of particles (nano to macro) and types of waters (natural waters, stormwater, drinking water, wastewater, reuse waters) are relevant! Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
Formation and Characterization of Particles:
• Particle characterization: applications and method development for determining physical, chemical and biological attributes of particles
• Identification and enumeration of microplastics
• Nucleation/precipitation of particles
• Particle aggregation
Utilization of Particles
• Use of particles to create materials & components for improved water quality
• Novel nanocomposite membranes
Removal of Particles
• Clarification processes (sedimentation, flotation, upflow solids contact, etc.)
• Media filtration (bioactive and conventional) • Membrane filtration for particles: microfiltration, ultrafiltration • Ceramic, polymeric, and other membrane materials
• Fiber, disc, cartridge and other particle removal filters
• Use of online monitoring of particle characteristics for process control and optimization
Presentation formats include oral and poster, with a mix of plenary and parallel (two tracks) sessions over the two-day conference, as shown in the preliminary Conference Program Outline.
Potential authors must click "Register Now" above to use the conference Abstract Submission Form and must carefully follow the detailed requirements for abstract length and format using the IWA Outline Paper template form. Submissions are due by 15 April 2019 and authors will be notified by 1 June 2019.
In the Abstract Submission Form, you will be asked to submit:
• Corresponding author’s information and contact
• Preferred presentation format: Oral or Poster
• Outline paper [please use template] (limited to 1,000 words, max. two A4 pages including diagrams or illustrations, 12 point font)
• Keywords (list 3 or 4, separated by commas)
• Related conference themes (choose the most relevant theme from the below):
- Formation and Characterization of Particles
- Utilization of Particles
- Removal of Particles
Your outline paper will be included in the Conference Proceedings made available to conference participants.
Publication: Selected full length Outline Papers will be peer reviewed for publication in IWA Publishing’s journals Water Science and Technology, Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, or Water Practice and Technology. Specifications for the formatting of papers are available on the IWAP website.