- General Information
- Course Descriptions
- Location & Parking
- Getting to UMass
- On-Campus & Area Lodging
- Contact Us!
This year is the 64th Annual Assessors School held by the MAAO in conjunction with the Department of Revenue, at the University of Massachusetts Campus Center, Amherst, during the week of August 5 - 9, 2019. The MAAO Education Committee presents to you the following program that will guide you through the various “Steps to Professionalism" as you increase your knowledge of the Assessing Profession. The Education Committee has dedicated a great deal of time and effort to plan and execute a variety of programs of the highest level possible. We believe it will be of great benefit to all.
Pre-registration is mandatory, as classroom space must be reserved and materials ordered. Registrations MUST be completed by July 22, 2019, to avoid a late fee. Included in your registration fee each day is the morning break and lunch (please see special note below) as well as the Wednesday evening BBQ.
|Course||MAAO Member Rate||MAAO Non-Member Rate|
|MAAO Course 200||$575.00||$650.00|
|IAAO 101 (Equiv MAAO 1 or 2)||$575.00||$650.00|
|IAAO 201 (Equiv MAAO 1 or 2)||$575.00||$650.00|
|IAAO 102 (Equiv MAAO 3)||$575.00||$650.00|
|Recommended textbook: Property
Assessment Valuation (PAV) (3rd edition)
used with IAAO Course 101, 202 & 201
(not required, SRM provided)
|MAAO Course 4||$575.00||$650.00|
|MAAO Course 5||$575.00||$650.00|
|MAAO Course 6||$575.00||$650.00|
|Class||MAAO Member Rate||MAAO Non-Member Rate|
|2 Day Data Analysis Class (Monday/Tuesday)||$275.00||$350.00|
|Single Day (all days except USPAP)||$225.00||$300.00|
|Single Day - USPAP||$275.00||$350.00|
|Single Day - Friday||$125.00||$200.00|
Administrative Fee: An additional 3% administrative fee will be added to the registration fees above during registration.
Late Fee: All registrations and payments received after the close of business (5 p.m.) on July 22 will be assessed a $40.00 late fee.
Cancellation Policy: Attendees cancelling their registration before the close of business on July 29 will receive a full refund of their fees less a $60.00 cancellation-processing fee and any administrative fees. No refunds will be granted for cancellations received after July 29, 2019.
- Registration: If you created an account with us last year to register you should use the same login and password this year! If you did not attend within the last few years you will need to create an account. This is not the MAAO website: you will login with the UMass Conference Services Registration Office system (Iris Registration). Click Register Now to login (click "Forgot your password?" if needed) or create an account.
- Conference check-in: Week-long conference registration will take place on Monday morning only, August 5, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on the first floor of the Campus Center. Please try to be there early in order for us to begin the welcoming session on time. Late registrants and one day registrants will have to go to the 8th floor Conference Registration Office to register (room 810), available from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. For registration questions or issues please contact Conferences Services directly at 413-577-8102.
- Room Reservations: A block of rooms is being held at Hotel UMass for a discounted rate of $135.00/night (plus fees). To complete a reservation contact the hotel (877-822-2110) and stipulate that you are with the Assessors Association (use code MAS19C). Rooms at this discounted rate will only be available until July 12, 2019, or until space fills, so early reservations are strongly recommended. DO NOT send payment for your rooms with the school registration form: payment for your registration and your hotel stay must be made separately.
- Parking Pass: If you are registered for a room at the hotel you will receive a parking pass for the garage at hotel check-in. If you are not registered at the hotel you will receive a parking pass for the garage at the conference registration desk. For GPS purposes the Campus Center Parking Garage is located at 1 Campus Center Way in Amherst, MA 01003.
- Corn Hole: Again this year we will be holding a “Corn Hole” Tournament during our Wednesday evening dinner on the patio. Please join us for an exciting, fun and competitive event. There will be food, beverages and relaxation. Your ID Badge is your admission. You can register as a team or individual, all are welcome to play!
- Calculators: Calculators may be necessary in all courses, not cell phone calculators, and please bring #2 pencils for the Exam.
- Update on Lunch: This year lunch will again be available via meal cards. However, the Blue Wall will be closed due to some emergency maintenance so these meal cards will instead be valid at a variety of other retail locations in and around the Campus Center. Lunch options on the 2nd floor concourse will include Harvest Market, People's Organic, and boutique versions of Greenfields (salads), Deli Delish (sandwiches), Tamales (rice bowls, burritos) and Wasabi (sushi, poke bowls). Meal cards will also be accepted at Baby Berk, one of our food trucks that will be stationed just outside of the Campus Center (exit near Harvest). Lastly, we will be offering a buffet in the Campus Center Auditorium each day (payable by meal card). This buffet will feature different menus each day, likely to include soup & sandwich, BBQ, and Asian themed menus. Go here for detailed description and menu: http://www.umassdining.com/locations-menus/campus-center. Additional information will also be available in your registration folder. It should be noted that you will be responsible for your lunch meal card. If lost, misplaced, or forgotten at home we will NOT replace it.