- General Information
- Course Descriptions
- Location & Parking
- Getting to UMass
- On-Campus & Area Lodging
- Contact Us!
This year is the 63rd Annual Assessors School held by the MAAO in conjunction with the Department of Revenue, at the University of Massachusetts Campus Center, Amherst, during the week of August 6 - 10, 2018. This year we will be offering seven courses and eight special courses that, we feel, will benefit each student and the community that he or she represents. If you are interested in the Specialty Courses this year we have provided you with more choices. As with last year we are providing two tracks in the Specialty Course. In addition we are offering a new MAAO course, Course 6. We hope that this will better serve the needs of those members that have taken the basic curriculum and desire a more varied and advanced programs.
Pre-registration is mandatory, as classroom space must be reserved and materials ordered. Registrations MUST be completed by July 23, 2018, to avoid a late fee. Included in your registration fee each day is the morning break and lunch (please see special note below) as well as the Wednesday evening BBQ.
- DOR Course 101*:
$440.00 member, $490.00 non-member
- MAAO Courses 200, 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6*:
$500.00 member, $575.00 non-member
- Specialty Course - 5 Days*:
$575.00 member, $650.00 non-member
- Specialty Course - Daily Rates*:
Monday - Word for Assessors OR What is the Personal Property Worth?: $175.00 member, $250.00 non-member
Tuesday - Using the HP 12C Financial Calculator to Solve Real World Valuation Programs: $175.00 member, $250.00 non-member
Tuesday - IAAO Workshop 181 7-Hour National USPAP Update for Mass Appraisal: $275.00 member, $350.00 non-member
Wednesday & Thursday (2-Day) - IAAO Workshop 155 - Depreciation Analysis: $475.00 member, $550.00 non-member
Wednesday - Crashing into the Ceiling & How to Navigate Personal Exemptions: Pertinent Information from the BLA: $175.00 member, $250.00 non-member
Thursday - Affordable Rent-Restricted Property Valuation: $175.00 member, $250.00 non-member
Friday (half day) - The Latest from the DLS: $100.00 member, $150.00 non-member
*plus a 3% administrative fee
Administrative Fee: An additional 3% administrative fee will be added to the registration fees above during registration.
Late Fee: All registrations and payments received after the close of business on July 23 will be assessed a $40.00 late fee.
Cancellation Policy: Attendees cancelling their registration before the close of business on July 30 will receive a full refund of their fees less a $60.00 cancellation-processing fee and any administrative fees. No refunds will be granted for cancellations received after July 30, 2018.
- Registration: If you created an account with us last year to register you should use the same login and password this year! If you did not attend last year you will need to create an account. This is not the MAAO website: you will login with the UMass Conference Services Registration Office. Click Register Now to login (click "Forgot your password?" if needed) or create an account.
- Conference check-in: Week-long conference registration will take place on Monday morning only, August 6, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on the first floor of the Campus Center. Please try to be there early in order for us to begin the welcoming session on time. Late registrants and one day registrants will have to go to the 8th floor Conference Registration office to register (room 810), available from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. For registration questions or issues please contact Conferences Services directly at 413-577-8102.
- Room Reservations: A block of rooms is being held at Hotel UMass for a discounted rate of $130.00/night (plus fees). To complete a reservation contact the hotel (877-822-2110) and stipulate that you are with the Assessors Association (use code MAS18C). Rooms at this discounted rate will only be available until July 13, 2018, or until space fills, so early reservations are strongly recommended. DO NOT send payment for your rooms with the school registration form: payment for your registration and your hotel stay must be made separately.
- Parking Pass: If you are registered for a room at the hotel you will receive a parking pass for the garage at hotel check-in. If you are not registered at the hotel you will receive a parking pass for the garage at the conference registration desk. For GPS purposes the Campus Center Parking Garage is located at 1 Campus Center Way in Amherst, MA 01003.
- Corn Hole: Again this year we will be holding a “Corn Hole” Tournament during our Wednesday evening BBQ on the patio. Please join us for an exciting, fun and competitive event. There will be food, beverages and relaxation. Your ID Badge is your admission.
- Calculators: Calculators may be necessary in all courses, not cell phone calculators, and please bring #2 pencils for the Exam.
- Lunch: This year lunch will be available the same way as last year. On Monday lunch will be served in the Auditorium. For Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday meal cards for the Campus Center Food Court (Blue Wall) will be provided. Go here for detailed description and menu: http://www.umassdining.com/locations-menus/campus-center. It should be noted that you will be responsible for your lunch meal card. If lost, misplaced, or forgotten at home we will NOT replace it.